Starbucks... I'll see you tomorrow morning and I promise to be more careful with you from now on.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Not a good way to start the day
Work has been pretty stressful lately and I knew that today would be no different. Expecting to be interpreting alone all day from 9am - 7: 45pm and going without the massage I thought I would be getting this weekend- I wasn't looking forward to the day ahead of me. I was tired and my back and shoulders ache from too much interpreting. I made my usual stop at Starbucks on my way from the train to work, got a coffee and a Berry Stella (you MUST try one- they are now my favorite thing) and headed into work. I knew I had about 45 minutes before I had to interpret my first class and was looking forward to sitting at my desk with my coffee and taking my time before going to class. I got in to my office, set my coffee on my desk.... and the next thing I know it's tipped over, spilled all over my desk and on the floor. All of it. The whole thing. Thank goodness it didn't get on my keyboard. I spent the next 20 minutes making three trips to the bathroom to get paper towels, more paper towels and then to wash my hands because they smelled like coffee. I knew I didn't have time to walk back to Starbucks and get a new coffee, so I resorted to buying a cup in the bookstore cafe. College bookstore 'cafe' coffee. Need I say more? BUT, God was looking out for me. A sub interpreter was sent over to help fill in some of the gaps today and I was more than grateful, as are my back and shoulders.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
spilled coffee you were looking forward to drinking is the worst! What's a berry stella?? Sounds yummy. I don't think us midwesterners are privy to that yet.
You don't have berry stellas?!That's a shame. I'll have to send you one:) They are like soft oatmeal fruit bars baked in the shape of a star. They have blueberries and raspberries on top and they are wonderful. And they are less calories than the muffins and what not. I love them. Do you have the pear/apple tarts?
Post a Comment