Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Weird Sightings

It's common to see and hear some pretty weird things on the train. Take this morning for example. I sat down next to a guy who took out a small tupperware container which I assumed had food in it. Maybe granola or oatmeal or some fruit perhaps. Boy was I wrong... inside the tupperware was a small clay head he was working on, a cube of unused clay, and some matches. He proceeded to take out the clay head, which was about the size of a large walnut, and sculpt it with the end of the match stick. Most people in the morning are either reading the news paper or a book, working on a sudoku, listening to their ipod, sleeping, maybe applying makeup (which always amazes me how they can do that on a swaying train ride and also makes me wonder- why can't you just do it at home before you leave?) or eating a breakfast to go. Never have I seen someone sculpt a small clay head with a matchstick. That is a first.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I gotta admit -I'm one of those "do my makeup on the train"-girls. It takes a little courage to leave the house quite as you woke up, but what can I say -it saves time! (which I spend more of in my wonderful cozy bed -which is always, always way nicer in the morning, than in the evening. Why is that?).
So yeah, makeup on the train saves me a couple of minutes and it's not that hard once you practiced a litte. In the car on the german "Autobahn" is worse, I can tell you.... ;)