Last weekend I went on a secret trip...
Only a few people knew about it. That's why is was a secret.
You see, last weekend I went home to MN to see my girls and have a secret girl's weekend at a secret location...
There was reading, talking, Pride and Prejudice, knitting, laughing, cooking, NERTS, talking, walking, brunch at the Sawmill and oh yea.. laughing. It was so good to spend some time with my dearest friends.
Thank you so much Ray and Jess for a perfect weekend together. I wish we could do it every weekend!
Another fun part of my secret trip was surprising my family. They had no idea I was coming! See? It really was a secret! I called my sister on Friday when I got into Minneapolis and from there we made a scheme to surprise our parents. I was really impressed with Betsy and how well she kept the secret. Good job Red! They were totally surprised and we had a really fun night together. I even taught them NERTS (thanks to Rachel). Jessica is right- it is the best card game ever. It will change your life.
As usual I wished I could have had more time. Whenever we come home for a visit it never seems long enough. As much as we love living in New York and with all that the city has to offer, it doesn't have the people we love back home. We miss you guys! We are planning to come back to MN for a long visit sometime this summer. It will be busy and fun and not long enough but we are really excited to see the people we miss and also Minnesota in the summer! The last time we were home in nice weather was for my sister's high school graduation almost three years ago, otherwise we have only seen it covered in snow. I can't wait!
5 comments:
my friend, I can so relate to you. we loving living where we do - but we miss MN so very much. I'm happy that you were able to see Rachel and Jess and that you had fun with your family.
COME BACK!!
Super fun!! I want a secret trip!!!
I want a secret trip too, maybe to NYC :)
That secret location looks awfully familiar...hehehe. We miss you too. I agree with Jess..Come back!!
Post a Comment