Saturday, April 4, 2009

Secrets Are Fun Part II (AKA: The Big Announcement)



I recently posted a really fun secret. So, in the theme of secrets, I guess it's time I share another one. After all, secrets are even more fun when you get to share them right? 

Well, I have been keeping a certain secret for a while and let me tell you- it's a fun one! But it sure has been hard to keep- I am just bursting inside waiting to share it with you all! 

You might be wondering what the above picture of a fig has to do with the secret I am about to share- well it is definitely related. I will explain later..

First, I would like to share a few more related photos. Maybe they will help you figure out what this secret is all about. You see, I have been keeping this for almost two months and in that time I have been purchasing things that I didn't really purchase before. Let's see if this will give you an idea... 

Any guesses so far? How about now...


This is fun, no? 

I am guessing that by now you must know what my secret is.

I'M PREGNANT!! Yep, it's true, Chris and I are having a BABY! The secret is out!

I am 11 weeks today and our baby is about the size of a FIG this week! (I told you I would explain how that first photo was related to the secret) 

This sonogram was taken at about 9 weeks. At that time our baby was the size of a grape. We were able to see the heartbeat and Baby was even wiggling around! It was so amazing!
Here is a close up. 
We are so excited about our little miracle growing inside me. My due date is October 24th and we just can't wait to meet our little baby. It will be fun to see more pictures of how our baby is developing and of course of my growing belly. (No bump yet- but when it comes I will definitely begin posting!) 

So there you have it folks, now you know our big secret. :)

9 comments:

SnoWhite said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! What a blessed and exciting journey you are embarking on -- we will certainly keep you in our prayers.

:)

(ps - i didn't know you are a LOST fan!!! I'll have to get some ideas up...)

Jweaver said...

Thanks Sara! And yes, TOTAL LOST FAN- never miss it!

Jessica said...

I love your little fig! I cant wait to meet her. Yes - I think it's a her. Just a hunch.

Shelly said...

yeah!!! are you going to find out what 'kind' of fig is in there?!?!? :)

Jweaver said...

Shelly- although it is tempting, mainly because I want to start buying baby clothes :) - We are pretty sure that we are not going to find out what we are having. It's fun to be suprized right?

Shelly said...

super fun to wait...wouldn't change that for anything...it was good therapy not to know so I wouldn't spend too much money before babe arrived... :)

p.s. we LOVE, LOVE, LOVE those 'gown' thingys for baby right away...makes for a quick diaper change at 3am...would recommend having little Weaver in those for the first weeks...so excited for you guys!

The Beals said...

FANTASTIC Janet! I am SO happy for you!!! You guys will make a very cutie patutie baby.

If you have any questions about anything (and I mean ANYTHING such as weird things going on with your body cuz weird stuff is going to happen and you're going to ask yourself "is this NORMAL?") I have no problem answering any and all of them.

I'm also specializing in natural prenatal healthcare so if you need anything just let me know.

This is SO exciting. Congratulations Janet and Chris!!!

Chloe @ A Creative Call said...

Yay for babies! So exciting to hear the news. Congratulations!

mein said...

Congratualtions!
You guys must be thrilled, as I'm sure the grandparents are as well! Enjoy every moment and make sure you guys go out on a ton of dates before baby arrives:)
Missy