I will be 31 weeks on Saturday which means that I have only three weeks left of bedrest! I like the sound of that. I have been going to the doctor weekly and so far things look good. I haven't progressed and the baby seems to be doing just fine too. I admit, this whole bedrest thing is getting pretty old though. I am so thankful to have my two old friends back, Lorelai and Rory Gilmore, to keep me company but I am halfway through the 5th season already so I'm not sure what I'm going to do when I am finished. It's been fun to watch it with Chris though. Generally, The Gilmore Girls is not a show that he would chose to watch but he has been such a good sport and I think he's actually getting into it. If we watch something together and he's missed a few episodes leading up to it he'll ask me what's going on or why is this happening and I'll have to catch him up on what he's missed. He's so great. He's getting so excited for the arrival of our baby (me too of course).



I have been doing other things to keep me busy too. As I said in a previous post, my friend Ashley came over earlier this week and we did some knitting. I don't know if I was more patient this time or if it's the nesting but I took to it much better than the last attempt. I even learned how to pearl!
My sister was here last weekend too. She had planned a while ago to come for a visit and be here for, and help out with, my shower. I was bummed that she would come and we wouldn't get to go out and do the things we had wanted to, but she was great. It was so nice to have her here to keep me company and help with some things. We watched movies, did our nails, talked about life, read (I FINALLY finished To The Lighthouse!!) and had good sister bonding. Also, she ran errands for me, washed dishes, made me spaghetti and was all around great. Oh, did I mention she even vacuumed our rug?? Thanks for all the help Betz :) we both really appreciate it.

Did I mention my baby shower was this weekend? Wow, baby showers mean babies, and our is on the way! I am so excited to meet our precious little one. The doctor thinks the baby will most likely come early although some women have gone all the way up to their due date so who knows. I'll tell you what I do know- I love this baby already and I just get giddy thinking about the fact that it will be here soon.
The shower was great. It was so nice to get out of the house (and not just to go to the doctor) and see some friends, and of course to get some cute things for the baby. My friend Christa did the planning- it was so cute, with daisies on the table and a clothes line strung with cute onesies and bibs.
2 comments:
What a cute little family you have! Those pictures of the headphones on your belly? super cute.
and - I love that yarn. Nice work on the knitting!
Thanks for the photos -- you look beautiful :)
I love Gilmore Girls too... glad Chris is enjoying with you.
Oh, and a visit from your sister - what a blessing!
Praying for you.
Post a Comment