Thursday, September 10, 2009

Big Blessings, Tiny Clothes

As my last day of bedrest approaches I am filled with a mixture of feelings. I am so happy that this part is almost over. I am excited and anxious for the arrival of our little baby- I can't believe that it is almost here! It's crazy to think how much love we have for our baby already and he/she hasn't even been born yet. 
I am also overwhelmed and so very thankful for how our God has been faithful to us throughout this time, and the whole pregnancy. We have been so encouraged by the cards, gifts, generosity, prayers and words of encouragement we have received from our family, friends, people at church (here and back home), and people who don't even know us. God truly is our Provider and has proved Himself over and over again. It brings me to tears thinking about how just a few weeks ago we were worrying about our baby and the future- what was going to happen and how we were going to make it. But our Lord knew the whole time and He has been with us and will continue to be with us. I have learned to trust Him more and He has given me peace in my heart and even though I still worry about our baby and will it be ok and how are we going to make it with me not working I can  confidently place these worries at His feet and know that He will take care of us- that God is holding us in His hands and that that is the best place for us to be. 


The past two weeks I have been on more of a 'partial' bedrest. I haven't been confined to the couch all day which has been great. We have started to get our apartment ready for the baby and this afternoon I washed all the baby clothes, blankets, booties, hats and other teeny tiny cute baby stuff. 



I love looking at the little onesies, hats and socks and imagining our baby wearing them!
We still have a lot to do before the baby gets here but I feel better knowing that the clothes have been washed and can be put away and that after tomorrow I can go full force into preparation and cleaning. woohoo!


2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

yeah! I love seeing all those little clothes.

Thanks for sharing that verse today too. I needed to hear that one.

Anonymous said...

Full force? I don't think so. Take it easy, a few more weeks to go, ease into everything. Baby can come into your life with very little preparation - you did! We had only a crib - not many clothes and a few diapers and a few bottles were bought that day! And look at you - beautiful and bright and witty and adorable and loved!