Monday, September 21, 2009

Waiting..

I am a week and three days into 'life as normal' again. It's kind of weird, I have been off bedrest for just over a week and it already seems like so long ago. As I began that journey and looked ahead to the time it would finish it felt as though it would never come. What a great feeling to now look back and say "thank you Lord for getting me through that- it wasn't that bad after all".

The first day off bedrest landed us in the hospital again with contractions. I hadn't even left the house yet that morning when the pain started but we went a head with our plans to go to Babies R Us first and get some things in case this was the real thing. It wasn't. We drove to the hospital around 6:30pm but I wasn't any more dilated and the contractions stopped after a while. I have decided that three really must be a charm and the next (third) time I go to the hospital will be the one and we will come home with our baby! 

Needless to say we had to put off our trip to Perkins and went Sunday instead. Totally worth it!




The rest of the week was filled with some cleaning and getting things ready for Baby. There was also a movie with a friend, two trips to the cafe and park, a lunch with my husband at 5 Guys, and board games with our new pastor and his family. 

Best news of the week? I am now at 3 cm!
Best part of the week? Getting the crib up and ready! 



I love looking at it. I love imagining what it will look like with our little baby sleeping in it. 


There is still come cleaning to be done.. you know how when you clean and organize sometimes it has to get worse before it gets better? Well, that is the state of our apartment right now. However, as for the baby stuff, we have pretty much everything ready. The baby clothes and blankets are washed, the carseat is ready to be put in the car, the stroller is ready to be pushed, the crib is up and the diapers are purchased and my hospital bag is packed and by the stairs. Now we just wait for our baby to arrive!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job, Chris, I am so proud of you for getting the crib up! I had read reviews that said they loved the crib but that it was hard to put together with the directions provided.
I think the crib is very beautiful and practical for the space!
Grammy - (considering different names for myself)

The Baby Makes 4 said...

Seeing the pictures of Chris setting up the crib melts my heart. I don't know. It is just so sweet to see a Dad getting ready for his baby to arrive. I love it.

So glad things are falling into place! Can't wait to meet the little one!

SnoWhite said...

yay! look at that crib :) So cute! Praying for you, my friend.

Jessica said...

Totally crying over here. Thanks. The crib is beautiful! I cant wait to see a picture of Baby Weaver in that crib. YAHOO!!