Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Year Ago...

Recently the photos on our computer got messed up somehow, luckily we didn't lose them but we can no longer view them in iphoto. Instead we have to search for them in their dated files. I am SO thankful we didn't lose them, I think I would have cried,  but it does make it a little more difficult to browse through them or find a specific photo. It sure makes me wish we had named them instead of leaving them as the numbers. 
I was looking back through some of the files today and became a bit reflective. I decided to check out the photos from a year ago today to see what we were doing. Here's what I found...


That day we had gone into the city with our cameras to check out this park Chris had been at with the summer kids program. Before we entered the park we got some lunch and found a bench to sit at and eat. Almost immediately we were the center of attention to these little birds. Ok, I'll be honest, I'm sure they were more interested in our crumbs than they were in us but still..


They were getting kind of close so we decided to lure them in a little more and see if we could get some pictures. We tossed some crumbs on the ground closer to our feet and then set the camera down so it was level with the birds...



Sometimes it worked




Sometimes.. not so much



It was a good day and after our lunch with the birds we explored the art in the park. 
It's fun to look back on a given day and be reminded of what you did, where you went or what you saw. Even if it was having your lunch invaded by little brown birds. 

This got me to wonder about what I will be doing a year from now. What will those pictures show? Will we finally be in our new apartment?? I sure hope so! We will have an almost one year old! Boy? Girl? (we'll find out soon!). So many things can change in a year and it's exciting to think about what will happen between today and a year from today. I am excited to see what God has in store for us. 

What were you doing a year ago today? 

3 comments:

SnoWhite said...

those sparrows are cute :)

It's crazy to think about where God will be taking us in the next year -- I'm excited for you, my friend.

Chloe @ A Creative Call said...

We had taken Asher to his first Twins game a few nights before. I was just hitting the half way mark of my pregnancy with Arden. I picked up three stoneware bread pans through a Craigslist transaction. We had small group at our house as we have for years. Oh life. How simple. How grand. Thanks for the challenge to look back and anticipate what is to come.

Jessica said...

Holy moly, you guys have good memories. I dont remember what I was doing a year ago. We were living in our apartment. I think we had dinner with my grandma because it's her birthday. Beyond that....not sure. Fun to look back though. I should look back at pictures like you have done and I'm sure that would jog more memories.