This year Norway was representing!
Our good friends, who used to live in our apartment, are here visiting for a few weeks and we all got together last Saturday for some French Breakfast Puffs, chai tea, legos, and pumpkin carving! It was a truly wonderful time.
I could spend every Saturday like this. I don't mean carving pumpkins every week, that would probably get old. But getting together with good friends over food and coffee, talking about life and God, and making memories, that never gets old. The pumpkins were just an added bonus.
Speaking of the pumpkins, here they are...
Since we got together in the late morning it was obviously not the best time to view our finished pumpkins in all their glory. But come on, you have to see them lit up right? Well the only dark place in the apartment was the bathroom so we put them in there to see how they looked. June did a good job setting them all up so we could see them together.
I think the momma and baby owls are so cute!
I always make pretty much the same non-original, slightly boring jack-o-lantern face on my pumpkins. This year I wanted to do something different. Something creative. The problem was I couldn't come up with anything. I was stuck. Ashley was making a cute little owl face on her pumpkin and Helene had a fun jack-o-lantern face for hers.. I had nothing. Then I looked at my coffee mug and got inspired.
It's not really 'Halloween-y'. At all. But I think it's pretty.
5 comments:
very nice, Janet! A true artist you are :)
I love the owls!! :)
We carved pumpkins last night! I love that tradition. Very beautiful mug inspired creation!
I think your pumpkin is a beautiful, artistic centerpiece for Thanksgiving! Will it last?
Mom
Thanks Mom, but sadly it didn't even last a week. We already threw it away. The sides were starting to wilt and cave in a little. :( Oh well..
oooohhh, I wish I was there...
Love from Germany!
Post a Comment