Thursday, June 3, 2010

Red

When my parents told me that they were going to adopt a baby and that I would have a brother or a sister I began praying every night that God would give me a sister. After a while I knew that God was going to answer my prayer and that I would have a baby sister. I knew it. My parents would say things like 'you know Janet, we don't know what we are going to get, it might be a boy' and I would very confidently respond with 'no, God told me he was going to give me a sister'. And he did!

Today is her birthday. She is twenty three years old! what?! I still remember when my mom got the phone call from the woman at the adoption agency saying they had a baby for us. A baby girl :)
I also remember my parents driving us to the urgent care clinic after I told her I would catch her if she let go of the monkey bars in our backyard. She was probably two or three years old. I did not catch her. I prayed the whole way there because I thought I broke her. She was fine.

Happy Birthday Red



3 comments:

SnoWhite said...

oh... so sweet! There's nothing like a sister. Happy birthday!!

betsy said...

I LOVE YOU!! thanks!! <3

The Baby Makes 4 said...

That is so stinkin' cute. I am almost teary. Happy sisterhood, girls!