We went to a highly recommended BBQ joint in Brooklyn. Not sure what to expect because in our experience we had yet to find really good BBQ in New York, we took the word of a fellow former Minnesotan and tried it out. It's called the Smoke Joint and let me tell you, it didn't disappoint. Chris ordered ribs and I got the catfish sandwich. YUM.
Seeing as how we never really go to this neighborhood and the fact that we had a baby-free evening we decided to walk around a little after dinner before heading home. While walking down the sidewalk we came upon this..
As we got closer we saw what was written
The gospel written out boldly on the facade of someone's house really struck me. I sometimes have a hard time even talking about it so to see this written on the side of someone's home was pretty cool. And challenging as well. I couldn't help but ask myself how I could be more bold in my faith. Perhaps writing it on the side of our house isn't the answer for us, but what is?
"For I am not ashamed of the Gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek."
Romans 1:16
"For whoever is ashamed of Me and My words in this adulterous and sinful generation, the Son of Man will also be ashamed of him when He comes in the glory of His Father with the holy angels."
Mark 8:38

1 comment:
Dad and I felt this was awesome and your comments very challenging.
Post a Comment