For my birthday we went and got our nails done in the morning and then went to the staff Thanksgiving lunch at church. Chris had to work that evening so it was just us and Charles. We went to the Park and she sat with Charles in the cafe while I went for a birthday run. I am SO thankful for that! Afterwards, we stopped at the Tea Lounge and got some of my favorite red velvet cake to bring home with us. Good thing I ran!
After putting Charles to bed we made some chai tea, and watched a movie while eating our goodies. As a surprise Chris got off early and brought home cupcakes from Crumbs. Another favorite :)
We saved the cupcakes for another night, however.
Betz brought with her some stuff to make a special beer bread which we baked together. Its was pretty good but the snickerdoodle cheese ball we make was even better! We did a lot of baking/cooking together. Even if most of it was me, she still helped a TON by watching Charles while I was working in the kitchen- especially on Thanksgiving morning while I baked two pies and PW's Corn and Wild Rice Casserole, which has become tradition. (If you have never had it, make it! It will change your life.) Chris made sweet potatoes, his specialty, and everything was a hit. We had so much good food on Thanksgiving!
Charles sure enjoyed having Auntie Betsy here too. Every morning he would run into the living room and wake her up. They read together and colored and sang. She definitely kept up her daycare skills while she was here! She is a great Auntie and I wish we weren't so far away so that Charles could spend more time with her (and his grandparents and uncle). We sure are thankful for the technology (although frustrating at times) we have though so that we can skype and share photos via email and facebook.
I am very thankful for my sister. Isn't she pretty?


2 comments:
Yes, she is very pretty and has a heart of love and compassion. We are blessed with two beautiful daughters who truly love the Lord! Praise and thank you, Jesus!
what fun!!! I am so happy that you had time together, especially to share in your birthday and Thanksgiving!! :)
Post a Comment