I feel like I have passed the expiration date of how long I can use 'I had a baby' as an excuse for my weight. I gotta get serious and do something about it.
I've been looking for a used jogging stroller on craigslist for a while but so far haven't made any purchases- since I can't run with Charles yet, I decided that is no excuse to not exercise- it's been beautiful weather so I have started walking with him. It began with walking my usual running route of 5 kilometers and yesterday I decided to step it up. Six miles round trip to the park and back!
Feeling pretty proud of myself for walking to Prospect Park. Don't have a car anymore? No big deal! I can still go to the park and get some exercise (and sun) at the same time!
Tomorrow when I go I am going to wear a tank top and try to even out the farmer's tan that has resulted from yesterday's and today's walk. oiy vey.
LOVE that my favorite fruits are in season and so so delicious! I am still thinking about the mango Charles and I shared yesterday! yum!
Charles' third fish died yesterday. She was a pretty copper color. I named her Penny. When we found her dead Charles pointed and said 'ish' 'all done'. She is now in my freezer awaiting a time when a friend and I will try the ancient Japanese art of Gyotaku fish rubbing. (for some cool examples click here) That will be an interesting page in Charles' baby book! I don't actually know if she is really a 'she'.
1 comment:
The website link was very interesting. Can't wait to see your creation. I know you are talented!
Post a Comment