Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Because I Want To, That's Why

I have decided that I am leaving work early today. Usually on Tuesdays I am interpreting an english class right now, from 1-3:30. Today I had to go with a student to the financial aid department at 1:00 and so my team interpreter was alone for the first 20 minutes of class- no big deal however because it's a literature and film class and today they are watching the film Lolita*, after reading the book the last two weeks. Anyway.. she said she was fine alone- all they are doing is watching the movie anyway- (and I have already seen Lolita since I interpreted the very same class for another student a year ago) so I was free to take care of a few things. Well, I have taken care of them. I am done. Usually on Tuesdays I come back to the office and stay until 5 to get things done or to be available if a student needs me.. well I have decided that I am going home now. Early. I got my things done, I don't expect anyone to need me between 3:30 and 5 and so I am leaving. So there. Whatcha gonna do 'bout it?




* For those of you who read this blog and know about 'The List', Lolita is on it! I have only read parts of the book, from interpreting the class, but I have seen both versions of the movie. Pretty good. The story is a little disturbing: young girl, older man etc.. very controversal. I guess it was banned from being read in some schools, but apparently it was beautifully written.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

oooo....I want to read that. I'm stuck in Jane Austen land, but I will add that to the long list waitng for me when I emerge.