Friday, September 26, 2008

Go Mets!

I thought that since my last post a few hours ago was on the negative side, I should end the day with something fun. Last night we went to a Mets game with some friends. Chris and I have never been to a Mets game so we were pretty excited for last night's game since the season is close to being over and it's the last season the team will play at Shea Stadium. 

We met our friends at the Stadium, two of which are our new friends Dominick and Bini. They recently moved here from Germany. Bini and Ashley met a few years ago when they were living in England with YWAM. This was their first baseball game and it was fun to be there with them. Baseball isn't big in Germany so Chris explained the game.
It started to rain at about the seventh inning. We quickly moved up to some seats that were under the overhang. It got pretty cold too. Met's were playing the Cubs and were tied until the 7th inning when the Cubs got three runs. With the rain, the cold, and all of a sudden being down by three we were not happy campers. Highlight of the game up till that point? This pigeon. It's sad but true.. He flew up under the overhang we were sitting under and every eye was on him.. especially those who were sitting under him. It wasn't a minute later that he dropped three bombs on a poor guy sitting three rows in front of us. Everyone around us groaned and laughed and I'm sure were happy it wasn't them! Oh well, they say it's lucky if a bird poops on you. The guy laughed it off, I handed him some napkins and we were all back to watching the game. 
Well, we went into the 9th inning still tied. Cubs batted first and didn't score. Ashley and I were hoping that it wouldn't go into extra innings because we were freezing. I don't really even like base ball. It was classic- bottom of the 9th, game is tied and Mets have two outs. We have two men on base, the hit goes to center field and the guy on second makes it home. Mets win and we can all go home and warm up :) Woohoo!
Despite the rain and cold it was a fun night with friends and we were able to see the Mets play at Shea Staduim. 

No comments: