Remember that Rhubarb Crisp I was going to make yesterday for our special HEROES dinner? Well, let me tell you! It was amazing.
A-maz-ing.
I seriously have been dreaming about this stuff all day. I couldn't wait to get home tonight to eat some more!
Add a dollop of whipped cream and what do you get? Perfection.
Really, I have always liked rhubarb. My grandma makes an amazing rhubarb custard dessert with a meringue topping that I have loved since I was a little girl. My mom grew rhubarb in her garden and I would always request this dessert when my grandma would come and visit. Her recipe is more involved than this rhubarb crisp and I wanted something simple so I thought I would give it a try- I am so happy I did! Did you know that rhubarb is actually a vegetable? A vegetable it may be, but because of it's tart taste it is most commonly used like a fruit when baking. Next, I am going to make my grandmother's recipe, and then maybe a strawberry rhubarb pie. This vegetable is not going to be good for my waistline.
2 comments:
i have a great recipe for rhubarb cake... and one for rhubarb torte (with vanilla pudding) if you want! happy rhubarb-baking!
You should put the rhubarb recipe on your blog! maybe I'll try it, you made it sound so good. I think I'm drooling on my keyboard.
Post a Comment