
I LOVE FALL! And one of my favorite things to do in the fall is go apple picking. Since we have lived here in New York we have gone with some friends every year. It's something that we start looking forward to as soon as summer starts winding down. We drive into New Jersey and hit up an apple orchard and a pumpkin patch and make a day of it. I am really excited to get some apples and start baking my grandma's apple crisp. Ooh and apple and pumpkin pie! Last year I made pumpkin pie for Thanksgiving and this year I am even going to try and make my own pumpkin puree for it. We'll see how that turns out. Pumpkin pie is Chris' favorite as well as my fathers. My grandma would always let my dad have more than one piece of pie because she said it was a vegetable. Hmm.. I like her perspective! Well, I better go finish getting ready- we leave at 8am. Apple picking.. here we come!
1 comment:
So very mild here today...we went apple picking too - Betsy came along for a great day of praising God together at Wooddale and then on to MN Harvest to taste many kinds of apples and then ride out to the orchard to pick - two bags full for us to share. Had dessert before we came home. Do you remember going there, Janet? Often we had G Betty along too. Such great memories. I will be making an apple crisp and baking some apples too. Betsy was going to fondue some caramel and dunk some apples as well as having some in our lunches.
An apple a day.....
Post a Comment