Well, I guess I have been a little MIA lately. My only explanation is that I have been so stressed that I have really had nothing good to blog about. Things at work have been... stressful. My eyelid has been twitching for a week. I have no other words to say about it right now.
BUT- Thanksgiving is next week! This is a great thing. You would think that the thought of having over 20 people at our place for Thanksgiving dinner would only add to my stress, but it's quite the contrary. It makes me happy and excited. Let me explain.. We kind of live in 'community' here and so for the people who live in our building (all work at the church) or in the parsonage (which up until a few months ago housed our pastor and his family) and anyone who doesn't have a family to be with for Thanksgiving, well we all get together for a big dinner followed by a traditional game of MAFIA. Some call this an 'Orphan's Thanksgiving' but I like to look at it as an extended family. This is the first time we'll be hosting it and I am super excited. It helps that I am not making the turkey.. I think that would make definitely me stressed. I mean, if you mess up the turkey that's huge right? No, I'm not making the turkey. I am making pumpkin (with my own pumpkin puree) and apple pies, creamy herbed potatoes, stuffing/dressing, and some kind of roll. Depending on what other people are brining I may end up making something else as well, but we'll see. Last year Chris made sweet potatoes. They were the sweetest sweet potatoes I have ever had. He'll definitely be making them again. Hmmm.. all this talk about food is making me hungry.
So, what's your favorite thanksgiving dish? Anybody else hosting a big dinner?
4 comments:
this weekend we have our annual grad student Thanksgiving dinner! We host for 100+ international students -- many of whom are celebrating their first Thanksgiving! It's a real treat. This has become our Thanksgiving for the past 3 years, and it's such a blessing. No orphans here :) Hope you have fun hosting!
My mom always asks me to bring corn bread for Thanksgiving but this year I'm bringing PW's cheese muffins! They are SO yummy!
Mmmmmm, my mom always makes the best sweet potatoes. She cooks them with lots of butter and brown sugar and then for the last few minutes, she puts marshmellows on top and browns them so they're mooshy on the inside and carmelized ont he top. mmmmmmmm.
Love my mommy's mashed taters! (Gotta love Delores!) The bestest! I can't wait!
Post a Comment