I turned 27 weeks last Saturday. On Sunday I woke up with some pain in my back and it felt like the baby was really low, like it was putting pressure downward. The pain got worse as the day went on, it would kind of come and go, but I thought that maybe I had just slept weird the night before or something. I mean, it's normal to have back pain when you are this pregnant right? Well I went to bed at 11 and as I laid there I noticed that the pain and pressure would come and last for a minute or so and then go away only to come back about six minutes later. After almost two hours of this (I know.. you would think I would have caught on earlier) I looked on line to see the signs of preterm labor. I definitely had the signs. I told Chris that I thought we should go to the hospital. He said to call my on-call doctor and let her know what was happening, I did and she agreed that we should go to the hospital right away.
We headed to labor and delivery and they hooked me up to a monitor. Sure enough, I was having contractions. At 27 weeks. I was dilated 2 cm and 80% effaced. They put me on some meds to stop the contractions and gave me something for the baby to help it's lungs develop in case it did/does come early. It was a pretty scary ordeal. The medication did stop the contractions and the baby seemed to be doing fine. I was released on Tuesday morning and told that I needed to be on bedrest until further notice. They want me to make it to at least 32 weeks, which is obviously still early but is the next big 'hump' for the baby to get to in it's development. Of course, it would be even better if we could make it full term.
So, now I am home on the couch. I can't work which is a frustration in itself because I had planned to work up until the baby was born in October. I am trying not to worry about these things- about work and money and most importantly the baby. I know that this is the best thing for our baby, I really just want the baby to be healthy. We are praying that God would continue to watch over us and our little one and keep it safe. My emotions have been on haywire but each day has been better than the last since I have been home. I have been feeling more of His peace and reassurance. He is our Provider and our Strength and has been faithful to us in this situation even before we knew we were pregnant and I know that He will be with us through it's completion too. I have to daily chose to give my worries over to Him and trust in His plan. My worries that the baby will come too early, that the meds I am on will effect the baby's health, that without me working we wont have enough money. These are all things that God knows and they are not too big for Him to handle. I just have a tough time with the HOW. How will He get us through this? How will He make it come together? This is a struggle- but I am learning that without struggle we can not gain strength. I want to trust in Him in ALL things, I want to feel His peace in this even if I don't understand the why or the how.
Each time I feel the baby move I am overjoyed at this gift God has given us and reassured that it's going to be ok. I can't wait to meet our little miracle and am so excited for it's arrival and to hold it in my arms. But not yet :) It needs to stay in there a little longer! I know that a lot of people are praying for us right now and I can't tell you how much it means to us. Please keep us and our baby in your prayers.
3 comments:
We are praying.
We're praying for you guys too, J. What you have expressed about God is so true, but so often challenging to implement.
We are praying. You are one of our answers to our prayers for a baby....Dad and I know the power of prayer and the blessings of it! We are praying for our grandchild and for the Baby's parents!
Post a Comment