My doctor confirmed on Friday that I indeed will need to be on bedrest for the next six weeks. Six weeks from now I will be 34 weeks pregnant, at that point I'm not sure what will happen- maybe partial bedrest? The goal is to get to 34 weeks.
So... I have a lot of time on my hands. Time that can not be used for cleaning or preparing a space for the baby, no shopping or crib hunting, no cooking or going to the park. So what am I going to do with all this time? Well, my dear friend Rachel sent me the complete series of Gilmore Girls, Friends and Alias. I have finished the first season of Gilmore Girls already. My mom is sending me a book that I have wanted to read for a while and my other very good friend Ashley brought over a stack of books for me to read too- some of which I think are on The List. And, when she gets back from California we are going to tackle knitting again. Or should I say.. I will tackle knitting again. You see, Ashley is amazingly talented when it comes to sewing and knitting. You should check out here etsy shop Roses Are Blue
With all this time on my hands I thought that I too should let my creative juices flow. Or at least try. About a month ago I bought some plain white onsies with the idea of sewing cute little patches on them. I had some scrap fabric and a few clothing items that I didn't wear anymore but liked the pattern so had kept. When I had the idea I felt very ambitious and excited about my new project, and then with work and church things it kind of got pushed to the side and I wondered it I would ever actually get to it. Well, here I am.
I used two belts and an old shirt for the fabric. To be honest, I don't really have a lot of experience in this. I don't know the proper stitch to use. I just kind of winged it.
I had bought a pack of four onsises to begin with but now I'm on a roll. I had my mother in law pick me up another pack at Target last night so I can keep going. Now I just need some more scraps of fabric.
6 comments:
Adorable!
Okay, I've been wanting to this as well, but only since Friday and I don't know if I will get to it. So, wanna make some money by making me some? I love them! I can send you some shirts and some scraps...heehee. Seriously, if you want some more projects I would hire you! I want to do the same thing you did on the onesies but with a pillow on my changing table with the baby's first name initial on it in cool funky fabric. It would be fun to have shirts for all my kids with their first initial on them. Did you hand sew yours on? I have been intimidated because I don't want to learn how to use our sewing machine!
We'll be praying for your new found six week adventure! Even if you feel totally worthless, just remember that each day of your baby being on the inside is worth precious gold! You have six weeks in front of you of doing the most important job in your life! Way to go!
cute! I love the elephant :)
you know... you could re-watch all those LOST episodes and be all ready for the final season!!
J - those are awesome! Super cute.
Sara- You read my mind! I was thinking the same thing about watching LOST. Very good idea :)
Anna- I will totally do some shirts and whatever else you want. Yes, I did it by hand- I don't have a sewing machine- which is why they look a little rough. Just send me the materials and tell me what you want. Don't worry about paying me- it would be my pleasure, plus, you'll be giving me something to do :)
I think they are adorable. Do YOU have an etsy store? I'm sorry to hear about the bed-rest order. It looks like you're making lemonade with your needle and thread.
Check out my neighbor's website for some intellectual stimulation:
http://puzzlingnyc.wordpress.com/
Good luck!
Post a Comment