Saturday, November 21, 2009

Palm Trees, Mini Golf, Koalas, and Fellowship


Last weekend we attended the EFCA Rebound Conference in San Diego. It's a time for youth leaders (and their spouses) to get away and be refreshed. There was a speaker, worship, and time for fellowship with other youth leaders from all over the United States. Right away on the first night we met another couple who work at a church in Baltimore and we hit it off.

On the first day we had the afternoon free between lunch and the evening session so we headed to Pelly's Ocean Adventure for some mini golfing with them and another couple. It was just how I would have imagined a golf course in California. Palm trees, sun, khaki and sunglass clad golfers lined up at the driving range hitting their golf balls towards the hill in the background.





I'm not the greatest mini golfer to begin with and was a little unsure how it would go with a baby hanging in the front but I must say it went pretty great. I think I came in fifth place out of six, but that's ok. I don't think I would have done much better sans baby. Honestly, I love my Moby. I carried Charles in it pretty much the whole trip.
We were kind of a slow bunch, but mini golf is a serious sport to some people. We had to take our time ya know? Three groups of kids passed us as we putted our way through the course.. oh well. We had a great time.



On our second day after the morning session we headed to the San Diego Zoo with our new friends. We took the tour bus around the zoo, walked through the reptile house, and saw the koalas! We were told by the bus tour guide that one of the koalas had a baby in her pouch and that recently it had started to poke it's head out. We were hoping to catch a glimpse of the little guy but he didn't make an appearance while we were there. Bummer.









2 comments:

SnoWhite said...

what fun! love the koala!!

how did your little one travel?

Jessica said...

J- you look just radiant. I cant wait to see you!