Tuesday, January 4, 2011

From 28 to 29 (part I)

This is way over due but I have finally gotten my list of 29 Things finished. First, here is my list from last year of 28 Things:

1. Go to Washington DC. (we decided to go to Philadelphia instead)
2. Run in Prospect Park.  Loved it :)
3. Buy DSLR camera. (like many things on this list that involved money, this didn't happen. We were on a very tight budget this year after having a baby and me only working very part time. Priorities sure change when you become a parent!) 
4. Buy sewing machine and learn how to use it. (I can't officially cross this off because it didn't happen before I turned 28 BUT my parents gave me a sewing machine for Christmas this year! yippy! Now I just need to learn how to use it)
5. Use sewing machine
6. Open Etsy Shop and sell my onesies and maybe other things too. ( I have started this process but realized I needed some onesies in stock, ready to sell, before I could officially open it. I am now making onesies for this purpose.)
7. Explore New York City more  (this has been fun! but definitely an ongoing ambition)
8. Go home to MN for State Fair. (sad about this one)
9. Take NIC exam (and pass!) (I signed up for this months ago and am still waiting for my test date)
10. Lose 30 lbs. (Some of this was pregnancy weight, some was extra that I wanted to lose. I lost about 20 of the 30.)
11. Make my own baby food.
12. Paint something other than the walls
13. Get back into the habit of writing cards/letters to my family and friends. At least once a week. (wrote more, but not once a week.)
14. See another Broadway show
15. Stive to live a more minimalist lifestyle. YES! gave/threw things away. organized. didn't buy a lot of things we didn't need. We will definitely continue to follow this.
16. Plan ahead and cook more meals together
17. Make my own greeting card sets using photographs I have taken
18. Be diligent at keeping Charles' baby book filled in and up to date
19. Watch original Star Wars films. (not sure why this was important to me last year..)
20. Start a book club. (if you keep up with my book list on the sidebar you will understand why this never happened)
21. Buy and use tart pan. (my mom gave me a tart pan but I haven't used it yet)
22. Go to Top of the Rock
23. Wear my hair curly more often
24. Use crock pot
25. Take class/attend workshop for fun
26. Start bible study with Chris. (we joined a new one that started at our church instead)
27. Get pedicure (why did I never do this before??)
28. Go on a girl's trip (was close to checking this one off but ended up not being able to go with the baby. oh well)




New list coming soon

No comments: