Sunday, October 14, 2012

more spray paint crafts

I had been trying to figure out what to do for Lawrence's monthly photos since before he was born. I took photos for Charles every month but hadn't done anything creative with them really except to hang them up at his first birthday. For Lawrence, I wanted to do something a little more creative and cohesive, and had seen some cute ideas on pinterest (of course). I really liked the idea of something that said how many months he was at the time of the photo so I decided on getting some kind of board or banner or something that would be in each photo. I found these two trays at a thrift store and decided to paint them with chalkboard paint. I really wanted something with a more ornate or scalloped shape but couldn't find what I wanted so I got two - one silver and one wood- to paint and then decide which to use for the photos. I figured I would find a use for the other one either way.

I taped off the rims with painters tape and then sprayed away. (it would have been easier to just get the brush on paint, but they didn't have it at Michaels)

IMG_2206IMG_2207
IMG_2208

I wasn't sure how the spray paint would turn out but it ended up great. Here are my two trays! As you saw in my last post, I used the silver tray in Lawrence's one month photos. As for the wooden tray it's going to be hung in our kitchen above our 'coffee station'. (pictures to come)

IMG_2212

No comments: