Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious, A Vignette

So our first full day together the three of us girls ate dinner at a thai restaurant called Yum Yum Bangkok and then went to see the broadway production of Mary Poppins. I have always loved this movie, it's probably one of my favorites. I had been told that the show was geared toward a younger audience but I knew that the three of us would enjoy it regardless... enjoy? We loved it! (although not better than Wicked) At first it was a little weird because it isn't exactly like the movie, but I realize that it was probably more similar to the books. Has anyone read the books? I am very interested in reading them. The actress that played Mary Poppins was fabulous and the music was great. I was especially impressed with how they did 'Step in Time' and 'Chim Chim Cher-ee' which are my favorites from the movie.
We had great seats too- good job Rachel on getting the tickets! It was at the New Amsterdam Theater which was build in 1903 and is absolutely beautiful! I read up a little on the theater before going- the Ziegfeld Follies used to preform there!
We had a great time at the show. It was the perfect kick off to the week. There are two other Disney Broadway shows and I really want to see them both. Lion King, which has been around for a long time now, and a new one- The Little Mermaid. Anyone want to go with me??

No comments: