Well, spring break is over and so now I am back to work. That's always a hard thing to come back from. The good thing? There are only about five weeks left in the semester! But then I am going to need to find summer work.. it just never ends does it?
Spring break was good- I was able to sleep in and relax. There were trips to the park, breakfast with my hubby, and red velvet cake with my dear friend Ashley. Speaking of red velvet cake (it's my favorite by the way) we found out that this wonderful dessert- our favorite sweet thing from the Tea Lounge is completely vegan! Say what?!
All this talk about Red Velvet cake is making me want some..
The same day we discovered this we also stopped into another cafe that is run by Ashley's church called Post Mark. This is where I made another bizarre discovery...
On one of the walls in the cafe they had a display of post cards from people who come to the cafe have sent or brought back from trips they go on. There were post cards from all over: Tennessee, Vermont, San Francisco... even CAMP CHERITH!
I know that there are other Camp Cherith sites so this may be from another camp, but even so, who would have thought I would walk into a cafe in Brooklyn and see something that was so much a part of my life so long ago. And so random. I have so many memories of this place both as a camper and as a counselor. God really shaped me during those summers. I would definitely recommend sending your girls (and boys too- I think they have two boys weeks now) to Camp Cherith for a week and if you are thinking about getting involved in something during the summer- why not see how they could use you up at Camp Cherith?
And for those of you who will know what this means..
"Thuuunder... Thunderation we're the Explorers! Delegation when we fight with...determination we create a.. sensation THUNDER! Thunderation we're the Explorers..."
*Funny story- one of my students said to me once "oh, I love Whole Foods- it's a little expensive, but everything there is healthy for you!"
2 comments:
To be an explorer again...ahhh the memories.
First I want to officially say - CONGRATULATIONS!!!! I am so excited to hear that there is a Baby Weaver on the way! How are you doing/feeling? Oh I'm just so excited for you.
Also - from one pregnant woman to another...my GOODNESS that cake looks DIVINE. I read this post over an hour ago, and went away. But I had to come back, because I CAN'T STOP THINKING ABOUT IT! It's like I need that cake. I do. Anyway...thank you for posting - because I think I may just have to go bake a cake. YUM!
Post a Comment