Thursday, December 3, 2009

My 28 things.. almost

So last year when my friend posted 27 things she wanted to do before turning 27 I thought "what a good idea, I would like to do that too". But that was it. So this year when she had her new list up for her birthday with her 28 goals for the coming year I began thinking about what I would put on my own list. After all, my birthday is less than a month after hers and I wanted to make one for myself as well.

I really like making lists. I make to do lists on a weekly basis. Sometimes daily. I love crossing things off my list and if I do something that wasn't on the list I will add it just so I can cross it off too. But this list was harder to make than I thought! My birthday was over a week ago now and I still don't have 28 things. But, to get it started and avoid putting it off further, I will share the first 20 items that I have so far.

1. Go to Washington DC with Chris (and Charles)
2. Run in Prospect Park
3. Buy DSLR camera
4. Buy a sewing machine and learn how to use it.
5. Use sewing machine
6. Open/start Etsy shop and sell my onesies (and maybe other things too)
7. Explore NYC more
8. Go home for the Minnesota State Fair
9. Take the NIC Interpreter's exam (and pass!)
10. Lose 30 lbs
11. Make my own baby food
12. Paint something (other than the walls)
13. Get back into the habit of writing cards/letters to my family and friends. At least one a week.
14. See (another) broadway show.
15. Strive to live a more minimalist lifestyle. ie: get rid of things we don't need/use and don't buy things we don't really need.
16. Plan ahead and cook more meals at home together
17. Make my own greeting card sets using photographs I have taken.
18. Be diligent with keeping Charles' baby book filled in and up to date.
19. Watch the original Star Wars films
20. Start a book club


I will try my best to get the last eight things added to this list over the weekend. I'll put it on my to-do list!

And now for something cute to leave you with...



5 comments:

SnoWhite said...

awesome, you and I are kindred spirits in list making ;)

what a great list -- I'll be excited to see what the last 8 are!!

I love # 6, 8, 11, 13, 15, 16, 17 and 18!!

Rebecca said...

Love the list - love the baby more! He is so cute and growing! I can't wait to see you both! And Chris too!

Jessica said...

I had the same trouble with my list last year - I didnt have enough things to fill it. Somehow I had no problem filling it this year! I cant wait for you to open an Etsy shop. so great! And I want to start writing more letters too. Maybe we should write some to each other!

Jweaver said...

Jess- I have been wanting to open an Etsy shop for a while but wanted to get some more onesies made first. I have some sketches made but thats as far as I have gotten. dang. maybe I should add to my list 'make more onesies'.
I like your idea- we should write to each other more :)

Anonymous said...

I know a Great Grandmother and a Grandmother who would like to exchange letters too! Up for it?